A nice walk around the Achen Lake

On the western shore between Seespitz and Pertisau
A few days ago I decided to head out for a hike around the biggest Tyrolean lake, the Lake Achen.  The sea lies between the Karwendel in the West and the Brandenberger Alps in the East. It was a sunny, beautiful late spring day. So I headed there by bus, and started my walk at a place called Seespitz at the southern most point of the lake. 

View to the opposite shore
Well, as I walked on and enjoyed the scenery, a strange building stood out to me. A building in the middle of the lake gained my attention (the platform in the middle of the picture above), and after looking it up back it home, I found out that it was the water entrance way for a power plant in the nearby town of Jenbach. Well, not knowing what I just saw didn't kept me from heading onwards.

Not my personal favourite, but definitely the right place for a cold drink


So I walked on, it was really relaxing to that point, no steep narrow paths to climb up, just walking, listening to some music, enjoying the landscape and letting my thoughts fly. No need to concentrate on the way, no need for placing one careful steep after another. After some time I arrived at the waterfront of Pertisau, one of the tree villages around the lake. Looked like a very nice place to spend some time, preferable at a warm summer evening enjoying some good food and maybe some drinks afterwards. But not today, I was still far away from my goal, heading on my on feet around the whole lake.

After passing Pertisau the broad way curves along the waterfront
When I left the village, a broad way curved along the shoreline: Forest to the left, a stony beach and water to the right. To that point in time it was a nice and relaxing trip with more than enough beautiful views to enjoy. Well the views will stay gorgeous, but the way itself will change to something completely different, but this is a different story that is going to be told somewhere in the near future. In the end, one thing: Feel free to comment, share and like.