Into a wall of fog

It was late March this year when i decided to head out for a short hike up to the Möslalm near my hometown Wörgl. The weather wasn't to bad, some clouds were hanging over the valley, but it seemed like the sun would win the fight. And for a time she did, but then fog and more clouds came up. It was about half the way up when I headed  into a wall of grey mist. 

Heading into the fog
After entering the mist everything went grey, visibility went down near zero and the well known forest turned into a spooky scene out of a horror film.  But then wind came up and a part of the fog was blown away. A view opened up. Clouds were still hanging over the Inn Valley, but some blue sky was visible and I had to take a break to take some pictures. It isn't that often that you are so lucky to get conditions like that.

From time to time a view opened up
But my goal wasn't to stand there to look around, it was to get up until there is no more up to go. To the top, so to say. Heading on was pretty boring, and little bit steep, sweaty and snowy. But in the last part in the forest, there she was: The sun. Shining through the trees, dissolving the fog and bringing some warm light into the cold winter forest. The view but a smile on my face. One of the few moments you know that (if you're ably to handle your camera) it will be a very nice picture, at least for my personal taste...

Always beautiful when the sun breaks through the fog
So after that truly heartwarming moment I had only one steep passage to cross through and then there came the point when I left the deep dark forest and came into a foggy grey area where there wasn't much to see at all. Only to hear, some ghostly sounds came to my ears: Distant noises from the valley bellow, the Wildschönau. Not being at that place the first time in my life, I knew my directions and headed on. And for one last time on the whole trip, not far away from the goal, the view opened up again:

The last view - Niederau, part of the Wildschönau
So after that last stop  I decided to head on to reach the goal, pretty unimpressive due the weather and than I headed back home, under a warm shower and to my cozy sofa.